There is literally NOTHING worse, when your fashion fab alarm is ringing, and you can’t afford to turn it off. You know what I mean, when you’re DESPERATE to shop but are peasant poor but the trends are teasing you.
I’ve touched on this before, on how I shop when I’m tightening the purse strings but want to be fabulous. Buckle up, make a brew it’s gonna be a biggun’.
- Before you start, find out what you *actually* want to buy. Are you looking for a top to match those fab pants you’ve never worn, or did you buy the latest glossy mag and fall in love with a pair of £600 Gucci shoes that will only be on trend for 6 weeks?.
- Once you’ve put your finger on what it is you want, think of how you’d describe the item. Just recently I fell in love with gingham shorts from Topshop, at £35 I couldn’t justify buying them on my estimated cost per wear! My secret weapon when I must have something, is shopstyle. Like a search engine for fashion, type in your search terms, order price from low-high and shop away!
- I always browse websites clearance section. There is usually a discreetly placed sale tab lingering around, you never know, you might find what you’re looking for, or at least a budget treat!
- Wise up on when the bigger sales are about to start, and get your scrolling finger warmed up to strike when the irons hot.
- Get savvy about discount codes! Here’s a few ways to work them.
- If you’re already registered to the shop you’re trying to buy from, search your emails for any codes they may have sent recently. I don’t open every email I get from stores because I get 79trillion a day and I’m sure you do too.
- Google discount codes, obviously you know that one.
- I use the search bar on Twitter too, someone might be kind enough to share one!
- If you’re buying from a new store, sign top for their newsletter *before* you purchase. Oftentimes you’ll get dizzy just for signing up.
- Be a proper bargain hunting biff and use your second email address to sign up for a brand you’re already registered to, just to get them dizzys.
- If you’re not in a hurry to purchase something, and it’s not selling out like chicken nuggets, wait a few days. I’ve noticed clothing brands tend to share discount codes mostly Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Some brands just don’t do discount codes often enough. River Island I see you.
- Honestly, go charity shop shopping. Trends are like boomerangs, they just keep on coming back. I’ve a whole post on charity shopping for beginners, I’ll link it below.
- Not only that, how will you ever know you needed a pair of Ted Baker waxed denim with a rose gold thigh high zip pair of jeans in your life if you don’t find them for £6 in Barnardos. Thats right, this blessed moment happened to me, and it can happen to you too.
If that all goes tits up, try out customising your clothes…I’ve got a post on that too. And if that fails, I seriously hope you’ve got a sister who you can steal from. Sharing is caring huns x x x x