Guys and dolls, I know not everyone loves the hype of the day of love. I do, I just adore spreading love! I just want to buy all of the accessories, like paper bunting and giant helium balloons. I want to eat cake with pink icing, and shove handfuls of Swizzels Love Hearts down my throat. I want to sing along to Dirty Dancing and then cry at the heartbreak of The Notebook. I sound like a hormonal mess actually more than a Valentines fan. Oops.
You don’t need an official other half to celebrate the love. If you’ve got an OH, a bae, kids, a hubby, a wifey or none of the above you can still get involved and love the love!
- treat yo self… buy the shoes.
- make a handmade card for someone you love.
- bake some cakes, pink icing and love hearts on top *not optional*.
- Movie Night: alone or with the girls….Bridget Jones, 50 Shades, Magic Mike, *ALL OF THE SERIES*.
- Have a bath – a proper one! Lush limited edition products, candles, a good book.
- Stop and smell the roses, or buy some for yourself or someone else!
- Wear red. On your lips, your nails or your outfit.
- Go on a date! Who said you can’t go the cinema solo.
- Music! Listen to anything that gets you really feeling yourself, like yep I am a Kweeen (or a King, whatevs!)
- Take some time to think about what makes you happy, be sure to show yourself some love no matter what. Maybe practice mindfulness with a good book…colouring book that is ❤️